Family Immigration Petitions
A relative who is a United States Citizen or a Lawful Permanent Resident (LPR) may petition to sponsor you for your permanent residency. Several categories are available and depend upon the qualifying relationship to your relative. The petitioning U.S. Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident will need to demonstrate financial ability to support you during the application process.
Family-Based Immigration categories are:
- Immediate Relatives: Spouse, Parents and Unmarried Children (under 21) of U.S. Citizens
- First: Unmarried Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens
- Second: Spouse and Children, and Unmarried Sons and Daughters of Lawful Permanent Residents
- Third: Married Sons and Daughters of U.S. Citizens
- Fourth: Brothers and Sisters of Adult U.S. Citizens